EMPRESS is a public benefit company that aims to promote sustainable consumption and production (SCP) with a focus on manufacturing businesses and service providers. EMPRESS's main partners are representatives of the professional community in the private and public sectors as well as in the academic sphere. EMPRESS is a USV contact point and provides a platform for information transfer as well as for the creation and exchange of know-how. This know-how concerns not only the practical application of USV procedures but also, for example, policy input to promote eco-efficient solutions as an alternative to regulation and unnecessary losses.
Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP)
EMPRESS helps resolve the basic conflict we all encounter: We want products, but we do not want their negative impact on our lives. At the same time, the search for optimal solutions to this conflict is at the heart of the practical application of SCP, which aims to maximize the desirable and minimize the undesirable impacts of economic activities on people's interests and on the environment.
The Association's mission is to protect the environment through SCP procedures.
EMPRESS is a non-governmental non-profit platform for:
- Creative Discussion on Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP)
- Implementation of practical projects and technical assistance in the field of SCP
- Building capacity and know-how in the field of research tools for practical application of SCP
- Training in SCP
- Cooperation with state authorities to create a policy framework for systemic support for SCP
- Promoting partnerships between different interest groups